Monday, August 24, 2009

warm coffee on a cold rainy day




These last few days were really cold in Rio. Well, really cold for cariocas like me, meaning 16 Celsius (or 60F - don't laugh!). Anyways, it's always good to have a nice cup of warm coffee in days like these.

I ended up having a great surprise at a juice house, in Copacabana. It's called Big Polis, and it's a filial of the famous Leblon one. I used to eat there a lot many years ago. For a very small price R$7.00 or U$3.50 you can pick 5 items for your breakfast, including everything from drinks to food that you can find on a Brazilian breakfast, and the portions are big! For a little more you can add more items too. It's enough for at least 2 people. They also serve it up to very late (I got there at 12:30pm). They are open everyday from 7am to 1am, and the juices and sandwiches are all very famous. The only downside for me is the fact that it is right in the middle of Avenida Nossa Senhora de Copacabana, the noisiest and crowdest street of Copacabana. I bet it's more pleasant on Sundays, for a nice morning meal. The plus is the decoration. I LOVE the tiles!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I adore your blog....I am a foot person and adore shoes...boots...etc. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog and I am so happy to have found you....I will become a follower for sure...off to check out some more of your feet! Cute red boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it, you are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete