Friday, August 7, 2009

I love LEGO!


PRESS PLAY
Take Ten - Paul Desmond


I saw this miniature on my friend's lovely blog called Lovely69 and I couldn't resist it... so I ordered it online! Isn't internet great? Pretty much everything is just a few clicks away!

In the other hand, this project took 16 years (!) to be completed and it took me about half an hour to put the 208 pieces together.

...I guess although modern (or post modern?) times are great, some things will never change... :)

PS: Since Adam Reed Tucker built this mini Guggenheim to celebrate Frank Lloyd Wright and the museum's 50th anniversary, I choose Take Ten as a soundtrack, the song Paul Desmond wrote a couple of years after Take Five (one of my favorites). It's a wonderful version of his original creation, which was the first jazz single to sell more than 1 million copies back in 1961, and became the most famous Dave Brubeck Quartet song.

3 comments:

  1. chiquééééééééééérrima! não tinha visto não! que máximo que eles entregam no Brasil, não sabia... comprou na Amazon?
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. pela caixa ele parece maior, não? eu caí no mesmo conto, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nada, comprei direto no site do museu, mas não vale a pena não... só de taxa no Brasil paguei 97 reais! Acredita? Fora o shipping de 25 dólares... mas enfim, Lego do Guggenheim não tem preço!

    ReplyDelete