Friday, June 26, 2009

There is no place like home


happy
32nd birthday

The kids were in love with the cake... and so was I :)

I LOVE Confetti bombs! They are a must have in my parties.

Myself, Carol with another of her Melissa shoes, Bianca and my sister, Chris.

My sister trying to make Billy get in the picture... I'm not sure he wants to though...


I LOVE parties. I usually like to have them at home, or in some unexpected place, like a boat, 2 years ago. Last year I didn't really do anything because my life was very stressfull back then. My mom then decided to bake me a cake, and invite a few friends to her place, to sing me happy birthday. That was very sweet... and also the last birthday I would ever spend with her here on this planet.

So this year I thought I'd have a dinner party at my place, cooking one of the most traditional dishes made by my grandma, the shrimp Bobó, to pay homage to her. Why be sad, right? Life is too fast and random for us to waste any time. Keep celebrating! Even if it is just for being alive one more day.

3 comments:

  1. I voted for you on Most Inspiring Blog. My computer only really allows 1 vote at a time, even if I use different email :( Is it your birthday? If it is, Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, it was on Friday. I keep voting for us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilli, querda,
    Pelo visto a festa foi um sucesso! A Ticcia acabou chegando super tarde, a preguiça bateu...
    Beijo, parabéns!!!
    Alvaro

    ReplyDelete