Friday, June 19, 2009

Original Sin or Invitation or the first step 2


This first started with me trying to make a background for an invitation for a very small dinner party that I will have next friday to celebrate my birthday...


...my bedroom wallpaper, some images I like... and somehow I ended up with this.

Lilli is Barbie's mom. She was a "post-war, sassy and ambitious and had no reservations talking about sex. As she had her own job she earned her own money as a secretary but wasn't above hanging out with rich men". I guess what they mean is that she was a whore... How sweet! I was really surprised when I found out. Not to mention the name thing, it was through Barbie that I could be the woman I wanted to be for many years, as I grew up.

Anyways, it's always about how you choose to look at things - she was a pretty chic lady with fabulous dresses and a very strong personality. "I could do without balding old men but my budget couldn't!", "As you were angry when I was late this morning I will leave the office at five p.m. sharp!", "Which piece do you want me to take off?" (to a policeman who told her that two-piece-swimsuits were banned), "The sunrise is so beautiful that I always stay late at the nightclub to see it!". These were some of her pearls, on the comic book. Ah, the dolls was inspired by a comic caracter. Well, despite of the fact she slept with man for money, she was a woman ahead of her time, and with a very sharp tongue, who knew exactly what she needed and did what she had to do to get it.

Lilith was Adam's first wife. She was made of the same substance that he was made of. She left Adam because of a fight about gender equality. She is accused of being the snake that made Eve eat the apple. Legend says that her kids became demons. She is often described as a demon herself, and considered to be a bearer of disease, illness, and death. Supousely she is also the incarnation of lust, causing men to be led astray.

Poor Lilies. They can't have an opinion...

As you judge so you will be judged.

2 comments:

  1. So that's the story of Lilith...

    I have some feet photos that I can upload to your facebook wall :)

    ReplyDelete