Thursday, April 23, 2009





THE STORY

A few years ago, in May 2005, at the end of a very intense spiritual journey I saw myself walking barefoot in a lovely green field, blossoming little pink flowers. For some reason I still haven't found out, I took a picture of that scene and I love it so much I put it everywhere - desktop background, MSN thumbnail, online album...

A few months later I went on a day trip for another spiritual experience. As I wandered in the woods I found a little yellow flower growing in the middle of a small creek. The flower was there alone, strongly resisting the water passing by it. I took another picture of my feet with that flower in the middle to remind me to stay strong and grow, no matter what happened in my life.

Right after that I read a saying that made all the sense to me because it was exactly what I needed to do back then. So I put those pictures together and "tatooed" my feet, using Photoshop, with that sentence - "You can't cross an abysm with two small steps." Since then I started taking pictures of my feet, wherever I went, documenting my journey in life, and reminding me to keep walking.

THE NAME

I was never a fan of whisky, actually I barely drink, just some wine, sometimes, but this "Keep walking, Johnnie Walker" campaign stuck to my brain. I loved the concept of keep walking no matter what, move on, leave behind. Whenever something put me down I thought - "keep walking".

I hope Johnnie Walker sees this as a successfull advertisement campaign that lead people to actually think about something important and don't try to sue me! :)

THE BLOG

I have been thinking about putting all those pictures together online for a while. I thought it would be interesting to see the journey of a pair of feet... I hope more people think the same...

One of the many things I love is cinema. I used to work as an assistant director, and I see my own life as a movie - everything that happens is a scene, with soundtrack, special effects and whatever else my imagination can put there. So why not give life to the pictures by also adding a soundtrack? Wherever there is a song, it belongs to the story of that picture; either I was listening to it, or the lyrics apply, or it reminds me of someone...

So I invite you to follow my journey and press play when you see a music link. You can see some of my personal story, and maybe some of yours too, as your feet might have walked on the same road as mine.

One thing I did learn in life - no one can walk on anyone's shoes. It's your responsibility to make your journey a great one! Good and bad things will happen, and what you get from them depends on how you perceive those events and the world around you. Just remember, no matter what, keep walking.


WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN WALKING?

You can out your feet on this wall. Your mom won't complain.

I have created a page on Facebook so you can be a part of this journey.

Take pictures of your feet anywhere, anyhow, anytime and post them on IKEEPWALKING's Facebook Wall. Just click here.

Find out about IKEEPWALKING's updates on Twitter. Click here to follow me.

No comments:

Post a Comment